Blog Directory & Search engine

My blog entries in full quotes, RSS 2.0
Dresanala II: Baladewa-x
Nizam Zakaria's  Fotopages
Project Petaling Street
Photoblogs.org
View My Profile


e-mail


zire 71 photo
Zire 71 Photo of the day!

wArchives:


-- HOME --

 

 

wWednesday, September 27, 2006



Gadis Jalan Burmah (Dramalab's A Season of Origins and Originals) - 1

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Starring Soefira Jaafar. Written by Shahredza Minhat and directed by David Lim.

Gadis Jalan Burmah (Dramalab's A Season of Origins and Originals) - 2

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Gadis Jalan Burmah (Dramalab's A Season of Origins and Originals) - 3

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I've been watching lots of Malay telemovies lately and I've come to a point where I can actually guess accurately if the scriptwriter is a woman or a man. I know this is not something kind to say, but if the script sucks, the writer has to be a woman. I think woman writers in Malaysia (I'm talking specifically about woman writers writing in Malay) - they either can't write or they just don't have the constitution to write in the first place. Just look at the kind of trash you have in the Malay section of our local bookstores and look at the gender of the writers. Need I say more?

After watching a couple of Malay TV dramas last night (and they are boring, mind you), I prayed hard that when people watch Impian, they will not be bored to death. The reason why I write is because I want to make a difference. I don't want to be like some people who frets and complains but never do anything to change the situation.




posted by Nizam Zakaria at 8:36 AM |