Blog Directory & Search engine

My blog entries in full quotes, RSS 2.0
Dresanala II: Baladewa-x
Nizam Zakaria's  Fotopages
Project Petaling Street
Photoblogs.org
View My Profile


e-mail


zire 71 photo
Zire 71 Photo of the day!

wArchives:


-- HOME --

 

 

wFriday, April 07, 2006



Featuring works by Isma Yusoof - 26

Ismyzeal

Featuring works by Isma Yusoof - 27

Ismyzeal

Featuring works by Isma Yusoof - 28

Ismyzeal

Featuring works by Isma Yusoof - 29

Ismyzeal

Featuring works by Isma Yusoof - 30

Ismyzeal

This morning, while on my way to work, I met this rather distinguish looking old man in the lift of my apartment. He saw the CD I was carrying. "Oh, I watched that movie long time ago." He said.

What movie? I asked myself. Then I look at the label on the CD. 'Deep Throat'. Oh dear. I really have to explain myself to him:

"It's just a soundtrack to the documentary I watch about the movie."

What I didn't tell him was that out of curiosity, I did watch the movie. I thought the movie was boring. "When did you watch the movie?" I inquired.

"Oh, long time ago. I rented the video."

So he went on asking me about the documentary. We walked to the car park together. As always, I try to act smart by telling him how the documentary explains how Deep Throat is considered as the most profitable movie of all time. "It was revolutionary during it's time, but with the advent of video and cheap camera, blue films can be made cheaply. It's not the same anymore."

We actually stopped to talk about a smut film.

He later asked me my name and I told him.

"My name is Joseph. Pastor Joseph."

Good lord. I've been talking about a smut movie with a pastor.

He then went on to tell me that I'll be traveling overseas soon. He told me to just get myself ready for the travel. I think he's a psychic. I think most religiously inclined holy men are for some weird reason. They can even read your mind.

Before we parted he told me to believe in God and be a good Muslim.

In the car, I pop up the Deep Throat documentary CD and listen to the songs in it. I particularly liked 'Driving with Linda'. A cheesy instrumental piece that was later sampled and made into a song by one of my favourite Indonesian bands, Naif.





posted by Nizam Zakaria at 8:41 AM |