Blog Directory & Search engine

My blog entries in full quotes, RSS 2.0
Dresanala II: Baladewa-x
Nizam Zakaria's  Fotopages
Project Petaling Street
Photoblogs.org
View My Profile


e-mail


zire 71 photo
Zire 71 Photo of the day!

wArchives:


-- HOME --

 

 

wThursday, September 29, 2005



67 Tempinis Satu Readings, September 2005 7



67 Tempinis Satu Readings, September 2005 8



Yesterday a self-righteous prick went into my blog and attacked my works. Well… It's really okay if I were to receive comments and constructive critique, (which I get almost daily, anyway), but this is something else lah. She defended the typical Malay romance novel and said that what I'm writing are nothing but crap. It all started when she wrote in my tag that the majority of the Malay romance novel writers are lecturers (and thus, this is like a justification or a validity that their works are automatically praiseworthy). I said… this is so SALAH! And I still don't know if this is true (that most of them trashy Malay romance novels are lecturers). I hope not lah. Please do pray with me that this is only hearsay.

IMHO, University lecturer should be able to write novels that are as good if not better than your typical romance Malay novels available out there. They should write stories that are well written with mind-blowing storylines and themes. Not cheap-ass novels that are flooding the market right now. They are fucking lecturers for crying out loud!!!

But then again, we have idiots like Prof Madya Razak Mohaideen making films that can make me (and probably you too) puke blood. As far as I'm concerned; Malaysian lecturers like him and the ones that write crappy romance novels are showing bad examples to their students. Listen, if you are a lecturer, and you teach, you have to create works of art that are meant to be examples to your students and to the rest of us.

If you can't do that, go fucking teach, and don't go into film making or publishing! No… this is a bad idea. This is a better idea: FIND SOME OTHER JOBS!!! We don't need you to teach our youngster with the kind of trash you are producing for the public!!!

Cikgu kencing berdiri, murid kencing berlari… That's all I can say, right now.


posted by Nizam Zakaria at 10:39 AM |