Blog Directory & Search engine

My blog entries in full quotes, RSS 2.0
Dresanala II: Baladewa-x
Nizam Zakaria's  Fotopages
Project Petaling Street
Photoblogs.org
View My Profile


e-mail


zire 71 photo
Zire 71 Photo of the day!

wArchives:


-- HOME --

 

 

wMonday, August 01, 2005



Readings at 67, Jalan Tempinis 1 - 1


Sharon Bakar

Readings at 67, Jalan Tempinis 1 - 2



Readings at 67, Jalan Tempinis 1 - 3


I like the way she reads her story.

Dia and I went to the readings that was held that 67, Jalan Tempinis 1 last Saturday. There was a good turn up. We went there to listen to Sharon Bakar's reading of her novel in progress (among others, of course). The qualities of the works presented that afternoon were astounding, but I like her work the best. I can't wait to get my hands on her novel once it's done. Before the reading started, we talked briefly about Anthony Burgess and how I had gotten hold of the word Limau Nipis… (I learned to my delight the meaning of the word while reading Little Wilson and Big God). I've used the word Limau Nipis to describe myself. I am, afterall, a Limau Nipis...


posted by Nizam Zakaria at 9:50 AM |