Blog Directory & Search engine

My blog entries in full quotes, RSS 2.0
Dresanala II: Baladewa-x
Nizam Zakaria's  Fotopages
Project Petaling Street
Photoblogs.org
View My Profile


e-mail


zire 71 photo
Zire 71 Photo of the day!

wArchives:


-- HOME --

 

 

wWednesday, August 17, 2005



Kuala Selangor - 1

Kuala Selangor


Kuala Selangor - 2

Kuala Selangor


Kuala Selangor - 3

Kuala Selangor


Kuala Selangor - 4

Kuala Selangor


I went to a special school for deaf children yesterday. It was very informative. I've learned so much yesterday - about things that I didn't know previously. Especially about how much we take for granted words that we use everyday. Take for example the word 'love'. We have so many words to express the different degrees of love, whereas the deaf only have one sign for love.

I've decided to write a novel dealing with language and semantics. I want to show how language shapes the way we think in the real world.

I was told the deaf children in the school like to e-mail and SMS each other. It'll be difficult for us to understand their e-mail because they will write to each other in their own private language of sort, devoid of grammatical rules and word order. I was told that they seldom read…


posted by Nizam Zakaria at 11:47 AM |