Last night I blew my credit card on a few purchases I've made on books. I just hope I will receive the books through mail some time next week. Here are the books I ordered:
1. Tropic Temper: A Memoir of Malaya (by James Kirkup)
2. The Nadra Tragedy, The Maria Hertogh Controversy New Expanded Edition (Reprinted 2000)
3. Beyond the Empires: Memories Retold
4. The Malay Muslims, Islam and the Rising Sun: 1941-45
5. Red Star over Malaya: Resistance and Social Conflict During and After the Japanese...
Yes, I do take my research seriously.
Dia told me my book rack is loaded with books. It looks messy. I think I should be getting a new book rack but I can't afford it right now.
I met with a production manager yesterday though a friend of mine, Shahrom. He went to my reading (Kisah Dua Wanita) at the Darling Muse Gallery last month and thought I should start writing scripts for telemovies that the company he's working with produce. I thought I should give it a try, even though I simply couldn't find time to write. I need the money anyway. I need to buy myself a new book rack.
Sharom introduced me to Sharifah Kirana, his friend who is one of Malaysia's leading fashion designers. Kirana is simply fabulous, dahhhling! I thought she looks like Audrey Hepburn. She's really captivating and funny. I think I want to ask Shahrom if I could take some pictures of her just for posterity sake.