Blog Directory & Search engine

My blog entries in full quotes, RSS 2.0
Dresanala II: Baladewa-x
Nizam Zakaria's  Fotopages
Project Petaling Street
Photoblogs.org
View My Profile


e-mail


zire 71 photo
Zire 71 Photo of the day!

wArchives:


-- HOME --

 

 

wFriday, May 27, 2005



See Nothing @ Singapore



Waiting @ Orchard Road



Last night I blew my credit card on a few purchases I've made on books. I just hope I will receive the books through mail some time next week. Here are the books I ordered:

1. Tropic Temper: A Memoir of Malaya (by James Kirkup)

2. The Nadra Tragedy, The Maria Hertogh Controversy New Expanded Edition (Reprinted 2000)

3. Beyond the Empires: Memories Retold

4. The Malay Muslims, Islam and the Rising Sun: 1941-45

5. Red Star over Malaya: Resistance and Social Conflict During and After the Japanese...

Yes, I do take my research seriously.

Dia told me my book rack is loaded with books. It looks messy. I think I should be getting a new book rack but I can't afford it right now.

I met with a production manager yesterday though a friend of mine, Shahrom. He went to my reading (Kisah Dua Wanita) at the Darling Muse Gallery last month and thought I should start writing scripts for telemovies that the company he's working with produce. I thought I should give it a try, even though I simply couldn't find time to write. I need the money anyway. I need to buy myself a new book rack.

Sharom introduced me to Sharifah Kirana, his friend who is one of Malaysia's leading fashion designers. Kirana is simply fabulous, dahhhling! I thought she looks like Audrey Hepburn. She's really captivating and funny. I think I want to ask Shahrom if I could take some pictures of her just for posterity sake.



posted by Nizam Zakaria at 10:00 AM |