Blog Directory & Search engine

My blog entries in full quotes, RSS 2.0
Dresanala II: Baladewa-x
Nizam Zakaria's  Fotopages
Project Petaling Street
Photoblogs.org
View My Profile


e-mail


zire 71 photo
Zire 71 Photo of the day!

wArchives:


-- HOME --

 

 

wThursday, April 28, 2005



RIP - Krishen Jit

Krishen Jit
Here's a photo of Krishen. I took this picture when I went to watch 7 Ten two years ago at the Actors Studio, Dataran Merdeka.

I only talked to him once. I spoke softly to his ears, I asked him if I could take his picture. This very picture. He said yes. I took his pictures and thanked him in gratitude. I've never got the chance to tell him how much a hero he is to me.

According to the SMS I received from Pang of Kakiseni.com, he passed away on 3.05 pm.

He will always be remembered. Fondly.

--

(please note that this e-mail message was written by Pang Kee Teik via artisproactiv)

Subject: Krishen Jit: 1939 - 2005

Dear Friends

**Krishen Jit has passed away 3:05pm this afternoon at University
Hospital. He was 65. Following a successful operation to remove a blood
clot in his leg last night, Krishen suffered a stroke in his sleep early
this morning.

He was initially admitted into Institut Jantung after suffering a stroke
just a week before the opening of /Monkey Business – Rhythm In Bronze
Gamelan Theatre/, the last production he directed. He was subsequently
transferred to Hospital UKM and then to University Hospital, where he
remained and was recovering.

His wife, Marion D’Cruz (with whom he co-founded Five Arts Centre), his
family, and many theatre practitioners and friends were by his bedside.

Krishen was born on 10 July, 1939, in KL. His contribution to the
country and the world of arts has been immeasurable. Our condolences to
Marion, his family and loved ones. He will be missed by all.

The funeral will be held 4pm on Sat 30, April 2005, at St Francis Xavier
church, Jalan Gasing, Petaling Jaya.


posted by Nizam Zakaria at 4:51 PM |