Blog Directory & Search engine

My blog entries in full quotes, RSS 2.0
Dresanala II: Baladewa-x
Nizam Zakaria's  Fotopages
Project Petaling Street
Photoblogs.org
View My Profile


e-mail


zire 71 photo
Zire 71 Photo of the day!

wArchives:


-- HOME --

 

 

wWednesday, January 07, 2004



Kahwin 1

Nani Kahwin.

New Year Resolutions (written on 1 January 2004)

I can't figure out why I even bother listing down my new year resolutions when last year's was a dud. I didn't get to write a new novel, I started smoking instead of excercising at least three times a week and I think I've spent too much money shopping for things I hardly need.

On the bright side, I'd made new friends that I really felt at ease with. I'd watched lots of plays, many of which, for free. I'd finally gotten my driving licence and I'm a contributor to Kakiseni.com, an online arts portal that's so popular, it often shocks me when people I don't know recognises my name when I told them who I am.

Well, fame aside, here are my new year resolutions:

1. Love my significant other and myself even more...
2. Write a play and get it produced
3. Make a short film
4. Finish my unfinished novels
5. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week
6. Watch more movies and plays
7. Stop making assumptions that Hazami is actually a Hobbit

Okay, that's about it I guess. In a couple days time, I'll be 30. I should tell myself to stop buying them tight T-shirts and start buying The New Yorker at least twice a month. I shall not smoke unless I haven't gotten my oral fixation/needs met. I am going to be an unmarried thirty-something dude, and if people were to ask me questions like: "bila lagi" or "when are you going to get married", I shall restrain myself by giving out answers like: "I can't afford getting myself married in Sweden." or "I don't think they'll allow same sex marriages in Malaysia yet." I will just smile and pray that they have an attention span of a goldfish (and they usually do) and stop harrassing me about the question. Come to think of it, I can't wait to turn 40 when they finally realise that I will never get married and will probably die a virgin (hello! Technically I am!).




posted by Nizam Zakaria at 1:02 PM |