Blog Directory & Search engine

My blog entries in full quotes, RSS 2.0
Dresanala II: Baladewa-x
Nizam Zakaria's  Fotopages
Project Petaling Street
Photoblogs.org
View My Profile


e-mail


zire 71 photo
Zire 71 Photo of the day!

wArchives:


-- HOME --

 

 

wMonday, October 20, 2003



Siddhartha 2

Siddhartha

Siddhartha 3

Siddhartha

Weekend without Dia can be rather long. He is currently in an obscure (well, at least to me!) city in China called Xinjiang. He said that the city is rather big. Bigger than KL. Well, of course lah. KL is a small city. This is a fact that many Malaysians just cannot swallow. Just as many Singaporean cannot accept the fact that they are merely a dot in the world map...

I went for a forum organised by PENA. It's a young writers association of sort. Anyways, in the forum they talked about woman writers and their writing (they had pretentiously took out the word 'feminist' or 'feminism' because the word connotes Western values. The same old thing lah. This is afterall Malaysia and they are afterall brainwashed Malaysians).Whatever it is, the forum simply confirms my views that many Malay writers (not all okay, so please don't misquote me) are made of wankers... They live in this cocoon and believe that the whole world will subscribe to their values and worldview.

It's not a wonder that hardly anybody read their writings nowadays... Well, I don't. I don't even bother lah.

I cannot tahan, I mean, listening to their silly forum. So I left early. And in the back of my mind, I thought I will write a novel just to piss them off. You know, a novel about women who just do not fit into their idea of what a women should be... i.e. women who exist in the real world. Women who are queer. Men who think they are women... There you go. I will write, only after I have finished my current project lah.

Whatever it is, they should have more of this types of forum lah. Just as an excercise of self-affirmation for them. I will no doubt try to endure their next forum...



posted by Nizam Zakaria at 9:29 AM |